Australian Association of Procurement and Contract Management
Our goal is to facilitate the professionalisation of procurement, purchasing and contract management in Australia. In this way, the specialised skills and knowledge of the people within this industry can be properly recognised for the contribution they make to deliver procurement, purchasing and contract management outcomes in the public & private sectors.
We are supported in these goals by key Commonwealth Government agencies and Local Government Procurement (NSW) through strategic Memoranda of Understanding, and also through our RTO training partners.
Professionalising Procurement & Contract Management
AAPCM’s key strategies to support professionalising procurement and contract management are:
- Developing the Australian community in procurement and contract management, so that people choosing to specialise in these fields can connect with each other, build their careers and enhance the professionalism of procurement and contract management in Australian organisations.
- Providing a membership framework that supports the information, professional development, and industry certification needs of procurement and contract management professionals employed in the Australian Government, State/Territory Governments, Local Governments and the private sector.
- Providing recognition of current expertise in procurement and contract management.
- Providing access to professional development programs that:
- balance professional and personal development needs, and
- enhance the perception of professionalism for people engaged in procurement and contract management activities for Australian organisations.
- Promoting training development of future expertise in procurement and contract management that:
- builds and enhances the value of nationally recognised vocational Australian Qualifications in procurement and contract management,
- supports the growth of higher education qualifications in procurement and qualifications, and
- facilitates linkages between the vocational education and the higher education sectors.